Joshua D. Levin
Joshua D. Levin is an Attorney at The Minton Law Group, P.C. His practice focuses on the representation of venture capitalists, angel investors and the startups and emerging businesses they invest in with their transactional needs, including raising capital, mergers & acquisitions and exit opportunities. Josh also provides specialized guidance to startups and emerging businesses throughout their full life cycle, including formation and other corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining The Minton Law Group, P.C., Josh practiced in the business transactions department of a large New York City law firm where he represented private equity and hedge fund clients, as well as their portfolio companies, in a diverse range of transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, restructurings, bankruptcies, secured transactions and tender offers. Josh also co-founded a mobile payment startup focused on the restaurant and bar industry. Due to his time in the startup space he is able to provide a unique perspective when advising his clients, including alerting them to the numerous legal pitfalls they will encounter. Josh understands how startups and emerging businesses operate and is able to provide tailored advice focused on the legal and business ramifications to the company.
Education: New York Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
University of Maryland, B.S., General Business
Bar Admissions: New York
Current and Past Representations and Transactions
General Corporate Representations and Transactions
• Outside general counsel to a celebrity charity marketing company
• General formation and other corporate governance advice for several startups and emerging businesses
• Acquisition of a manufacturer and online retailer of home goods by a private equity fund
• Proposed strategic acquisition of an automobile parts manufacturer
• Proposed acquisition of a defense consulting firm by a defense company
• Proposed acquisition by a hedge fund of an automobile parts manufacturer
• Sale by a private equity firm of a plastic manufacturing company
• Proposed acquisition by a private equity firm of a major restaurant chain
• Proposed hostile acquisition by a private equity firm of a coal company
Private Equity/Investment Management Representations
• Multiple hedge fund tender offers, auctions and other secondary purchase transactions
Josh was born and raised outside of Providence, Rhode Island. He attended LaSalle Academy and was a member of several state championship tennis teams. Josh attended the University of Maryland, where he was President of Theta Chi Fraternity. After graduation, Josh spent time as an IT recruiter in the Washington, D.C. area prior to attending New York Law School. Josh currently resides in the New York City area and is an avid sports fan and a proud Terp.